Parkway Playhouse is currently looking to fill two positions: a new, reliable Box Office Associate and a new, highly motivated Development Director.
BOX OFFICE ASSISTANT
- Answer and respond to all incoming phone calls, voice messages, box office emails, and walk-ups.
- Properly record any/all ticketing related transactions; including the preparation of tickets for pick-up; creation of any necessary reports; and proper record keeping. Also includes positive resolution/response to patron complaints/problems.
- Work on copy for Playbills/ eblasts/ or other administrative tasks as directed.
- Prepare box office and front of house areas for performance and assist with any volunteer coordination or cleaning/stocking of supplies that is required.
- Concession stocking/inventory management
- Box office and front of house areas to be kept clean and presentable.
- Answer and respond to any/all voice mails and incoming calls.
- Properly record any/all ticketing related transactions; including the preparation of tickets for pick up.
- Assist volunteer coordination with ushers
- After the curtain/performance commences: prepare daily report, copy all checks, ticket deposits, deposit report, and lock them in the safe. Inform stage manager and house manager you are done.
- At some performances box office staff may need to remain through intermission.
- Dependable transportation.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Appreciation of theatre
- Will be required to attend 1 rehearsal of each production.
- At least 18 years of age.
- No Convicted Felonies
- MS Office/related programs proficiency.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Email our General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume by April 6th.
The position will begin as a part-time time position (15-20 hours/week, with some evening weekend hours, with no insurance benefits), with the potential to grow with organization. Growth will be based on an annual review of clearly defined benchmarks for success. The Development Director is responsible implementing and guiding fundraising strategy and initiatives for Parkway Playhouse. This staff member reports directly to the Artistic Director and will coordinate closely with our active and engaged Board of Directors. The Development Director will serve as the primary staff coordinator of the Board’s Fundraising Committee. This position offers an opportunity to build on a solid fundraising foundation and to affect materially the ability of an historic performing arts organization to reach new levels of engagement and create meaningful and transformative experiences for volunteers, artists, and students in Western NC.
1. Plan, organize, direct, and expand the current fundraising program to increase the overall revenue for Parkway Playhouse.
2. Lead a systematic and strategic program of fundraising, including implementing an ambitious annual fund, writing grants, and organizing special events.
3. Work closely with the Staff and Board Leadership to develop and oversee a major gifts program, which involves identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding current and prospective corporate, community, foundation, and individual donors.
4. Manage donor database, thank you notes, and recognition.
5. Oversee all aspects of two to three annual direct mail appeals, press releases, social media outreach, and preparing written materials, as needed.
6. Present public programs (e.g. Curtain Speeches, tours of theatre, visiting with community groups) as requested.
7. Actively participate in a strong team that ensures the smooth operation of Parkway Playhouse and is a supportive, inclusive environment for the creative experiences/work of patrons, volunteers, artists, and staff.
1. Bachelor of Arts (required), Master of Arts (a plus)
2. 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising
3. Familiarity with and strong connections to the community
4. Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
5. Knowledge of development strategies for fundraising and for cultivating and soliciting annual and major gifts.
6. Ability to see and make connections between ongoing projects and potential donors
7. Experience in creating, planning, and implementing major events
8. Ability to communicate passion for our mission
9. Professional personal appearance and excellent public speaking ability
Please send résumé, cover letter, and at least 3 references to:
Andrew Gall, Artistic Director
PO Box 1432
Burnsville NC, 28714
Materials may be emailed to: email@example.com
This position will remain open until filled. Please do not call the theatre.